Our bodies speak louder than our words. In fact, only 7% of communication is conveyed through words (Albert Mehrabian). The other 93% is made up of non-verbal factors - physical behaviours used to transmit information. It is these postures, gestures and expressions that are crucial in helping us present ourselves and our messages correctly. Understanding them also helps us uncover what other people are truly feeling and thinking.

This session explores the science of body language. You will learn how to use your own to best effect and how to interpret non-verbal signs in others.
“The most important thing in communication is hearing what isn't said”

- Peter F Drucker

DISCOVER

  • The importance of non-verbal communication
  • Ways to express emotions through body language (e.g. attentive, confident)
  • How to intentionally communicate with your own body language
  • The role of micro-expressions in communication
  • How to read and interpret non-verbal signs in others